What To Do With Flooding in Your Home
This beautiful home had been flooded. When the rain finally stopped and the water receded it left the home ruined. The flood cleanup process for a home is similar to that of a commercial property, just on a smaller scale.
- Extract any excess or standing water.
- Remove the wet and damaged content, such as couches and chairs.
- Flood cut around the home at least twelve inches above the flood line.
- Remove flooring that is porous; carpet, carpet pad, and wood floors.
- Spray a disinfectant on everything that is left.
- Place drying equipment to assure that the home or business is dry.
- Restore the home back to preloss conditions.